Delight in Your Community
FROM TOES-IN-THE-TIDE to our front gates is approximately 9 miles… that’s what it means to be this close to the magnificent Atlantic Ocean. Summerhouse is perched on the southern shore of North Carolina in the small town of Holly Ridge. The family beach town of Surf City and the beaches of Topsail Island are our neighbors. And the history and culture of Wilmington, NC is wonderfully close.
Small Town Charm
Visit & explore the family beach town of Surf City and the pristine beaches of Topsail Island – two destinations like no other, and the perfect backdrop for your coastal home at Summerhouse. Topsail Island and Surf City offer serene family beaches, great shopping options, restaurants, fresh seafood and local flavor.
Surf City & Topsail Beaches: A Colorful Village by the Sea
- Topsail Island is a 26-mile long barrier island off the coast of North Carolina.
- The island is a Sea Turtle Sanctuary.
- Legend has it that Blackbeard’s treasure was buried here. Ask us about it!
- The Surf City Pier is 937 feet long with a roomy 40-foot octagon at the end.
- The surrounding waters are well-known for red drum, speckled trout, and flounder.
- Average December temperature: 49° F.
- Visit Topsail Beach Tourism Site
Big City Culture
A hub for entertainment, culture and the arts, Wilmington is brimming with excitement. Wilmington’s historic riverwalk with eclectic shops and nightlife venues is perfect for a romantic and relaxing day trip. It’s no wonder Wilmington has been home to numerous feature films and TV shows. It’s a great neighbor!
Wilmington, North Carolina: History, Culture & the Arts
- Wilmington is less than 30 miles away—and that’s an easy drive on our quick-moving NC highways.
Ask us about it!
- The city’s historic Riverwalk is famous for great views and venues.
- ILM International Airport offers easy access to anywhere.
- Home to the University of North Carolina – Wilmington!
- The city is known as Hollywood East, home to Screen Gems Studios and the set of many TV shows and feature films.
- Built in 1858, historic Thalian Hall offers the best in live theatre.
- Learn About Downtown Wilmington
- Visit Wilmington Tourism Site